Debt Free DDS’ Friday Favorites are a collection of this past week’s (or month’s or year’s if still relevant) financial blog posts, articles, or other resources. These are resources I have found very helpful for me on my journey to becoming debt free, financially literate, and financially independent. I believe they will help you too.
If you need help with financial education, please see my Recommended Resources tab. If you are drowning in student loan like I once was, start by refinancing them to get a lower interest rate. See my Student Loan refinancing tab for great options. And if you don’t feel like you know enough to manage your own finances and you need help, see my Financial Planning Services tab for help.
And now drumroll please………………….on to my Friday Favorites
Debt Free DDS’ Friday Favorites 02/07/2020
1) A few years ago I had no idea how much money I would need for retirement. I was just trying to keep my head above water with my student loan debt. Market Watch had an article this week about the new Secure Act and how it will help you understand how much money you need for retirement. Most of you may know this information, but for someone like me just a couple years ago, it could really help. Read it here.
2) Is a recession looming? Maybe, maybe not. No one really knows. But an article on CNBC this weeks says “There’s a 70% chance of recession in the next six months, new study from MIT and State Street Finds”. You probably shouldn’t rely on CNBC for your financial advice, but I thought this was an interesting read. Here is the key though. Recessions come and recessions go. They are no reason to panic or fear. If you save enough and invest wisely, and have an Emergency Fund, recessions don’t need to be feared. In fact, you can think of them as a stock sale.
3) Are your retirement accounts safe from hackers? I don’t think it is too much to worry about if you take some general precautions. Here is an article that will give you some suggestions on how to keep your hard earned wealth safe.
4) For the dentist or other medical profession practice owners; are your employees stealing from you? I have talked a lot on this site about the importance of protecting your hard earned wealth with measures such as professional and personal liability policies. However, I haven’t talked about your employees stealing from you. I believe it is more prevalent than we think. Check out this article from the ADA which highlights a checklists of to do’s to make sure you are protecting yourself from employee theft.
5) I hope you have life insurance. I hope you have enough life insurance. And I hope you have Term Life insurance as opposed to Whole or any sort of permanent life insurance. Millennial Money Man had a great review of Haven Life Insurance Company who I am also an affiliate for. Check out his review here. And check out Haven Life Insurance here for a free quote. They will give you great prices for Term Life insurance and won’t try and up sell you a Whole Life Policy.
This Week’s Recommendation
I hope you are enjoying the message of Debt Free DDS. I really am excited about personal finance and especially enjoy helping dentists and others become financially literate. This week I posted a review about The White Coat Investor’s course titled “Fire Your Financial Advisor”. Read the review here.
Whether you are a beginner or intermediate investor, this course is for you. And I don’t mean beginner or intermediate in time, I mean in knowledge. I know a lot of 60 year olds that don’t have their financial ducks in a row and don’t know a lot about proper financial habits and investing.
Whether you want to work with a financial advisor or save A LOT of money in your life by managing your own finances, this course will help you do this. Sign up for the course at this link. Yes I will get paid if you sign up through this link, but it won’t cost you more. And it will help keep this site alive. And as always, I wouldn’t recommend it to you if I didn’t truly believe it would be very beneficial for you. So sign up. There is a 7 day, no questions asked money back guarantee. You won’t regret it.
-Debt Free DDS
Please comment below on what you think. Sign up to receive each new post and much more. Please share on social media and subscribe to the blog.
*Nothing on my website is professional or legal advice. I am only sharing information that I have learned and it may or may not be accurate. I am not liable for any problems you may have by following this advice. Please do further research and get professional and/or legal advice about any of these topics. This post likely contains affiliate links. This site could be paid for clicks or purchases made through these links. See my disclosure here.